Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

How could I not have a good Mother's Day weekend with these cheeks to look at??? This is my first official Mother's Day, and it has been a great one. I am so appreciative to be a mother and so blessed to have Landon in my life. I honestly can't remember what life was like without him. He makes everyday a joy to wake up to, and we have so much fun everyday. Motherhood is quite a job, and it can be a hard one sometimes. However, it's the best job I've ever had. I don't always know what I'm doing, but that's okay. Kris and I heard on the radio the other day that stay at home moms would make around $122,000 a year if they were paid for all their duties. WOW! That money would be nice for sure, but I'm so happy to live on a budget and have this time with Landon. I'm so blessed to stay home with him and get to watch him change and grow. He's doing new stuff everyday, and I am so glad I don't have to miss a minute. I miss him when we're apart for just a little while. He is not just a miracle, but the light of my life.


















We started out our weekend by going to visit G.G. in Snellville. Then we headed off to Gwinnett County's Relay for Life. I haven't missed a Relay in many years, and it's an event that is very near and dear to my heart. We had fun visiting my Pharr buddies and Mom's Suntrust friends! Did you ever think you'd see Scott Kennedy (aka Papa) wearing a Baby Bjorn? It was so cute! I love how grandparents oogle over their beloved grandkids! They love them to pieces!















On Saturday, we met Elisha, Hayden, Heather, Joy, and Kelli for lunch and of course to get Landon and Hayden together again. Remember, Hayden and Landon are about 23 hours apart. They're so cute, and Elisha and I love comparing them and watching them grow! Elisha is already a great mommy!
















Kris asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. My first response was "clothes" of course, but I thought about it and changed my mind. I wanted something special to remember my first Mother's Day. I decided that it would be nice to plant some more rose plants in our yard. Not only are knock-out roses the only plant that I don't kill, they're also a symbol of life. Landon is a gift of life to us that we waited a long time for. What better way to celebrate his life and my being a mother than to plant more life. I will love watching my roses grow, and I will always remember that we planted them on my first Mother's Day. Who knows- maybe it will become a tradition for us to plant every year on this day! Here's me with my two new rose bushes:














We saw all kinds of family on Sunday! After an awesome church service, we had lunch at the house with Grandma, and she loved her gifts from Landon.
Then Mimi and Uncle Steven came to visit and play. (Sorry, Steven, I didn't get any shots with you!)

Kris and I are so blessed to have wonderful mothers! Their love for us is so strong, and they would do anything for us. Now being a mom, I appreciate my mom even more. Even though things were very different when we were born (I mean, our moms had to walk to school in the snow uphill- both ways!), I can put myself in my mom's shoes now. I appreciate more all the sacrifices and love that all moms so unselfishly give. Kris and I love watching our moms with Landon. They love him more than words can say, and I'm so happy that Landon will be close to all his grandparents!
Later, we got a surprise visit from Grandpa, Aunt Marlynn, Uncle Ken, and Kris' grandma. So Landon got to meet his other great grandma. How lucky is Landon to have two sweet great grandmas? We're so excited they got to meet!


What a busy weekend we had! It sure was fun, and I will always remember my first Mother's Day. Coming soon... our beach trip!

2 comments:

  1. Happy mothers day!!! It looks like you had a wonderful day:) I am so thankful that God has blessed you and Kris with such a perfect little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a Happy 1st Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete